||050 Air Traffic Control and Search and Rescue Services
||Air Traffic Control Assistant/Basic Induction
|Course UATS Code
|Course ICAO Code
||07 Weeks Theoretical Lectures (210 hours).
||• Identify ICAO publication contents.
• Explain basic weather principles.
• Identify meteorological information such as warnings, forecasts and METAR reports.
• Identify basic aerodynamic forces.
• Explain the characteristics and uses of aircraft instrumentation.
• Identify aircraft weight and operating categories, recognition features, and designators.
• Explain the navigational tools used by pilots.
• Identify basics of Air Navigation.
• Describe the differences/similarities between Radio and Satellite Navigation.
• Identify ATS responsibilities and procedures as outlined in Rules of the Air.
• Identify Airspace Management and classifications.
• Identify the information and differences/similarities between IFR and VFR.
• Identify how ATC clearances are applied for different phases of flight.
• Identify vertical, lateral and longitudinal separation minima in air traffic control.
• Identify emergency categories and assistance procedures.
• Identify the main
||• The Trainee should have university degree or at least high school degree.
||Air Traffic Control Assistant Basic Induction 51.pdf